Monday, December 10, 2007

I went on Jaywalking...

I finally finished the Jaywalkers for my friend Sandra. I made them for my foot size, or actually, a centimeter longer than a perfect fit for me. I really hope her foot is about the same size as mine. I think it is, but I don't know for sure. And it's not like I can go and ask her: Say, would you mind measuring your foot length? And while you're at it, how about the ankle width as well? That would totally ruin the surprise.
I'm pretty satisfied with how the Jaywalkers turned out. They leg part is a little tight, so it takes some stretching to pull them over the heel, but they do fit great around the ankles. At least for me.
I also finished the socks for Lea. I improvised the pattern for her,2x2 rib for the cuff, k4, p2 for the actual pattern. I messed up the pattern after I divided for the heel - I was left with purls on only one side of the instep. I improvised a bit on the other side, added stitches, purled where I should have knit, so it worked out in the end. They're not quite symmetrical, but it's not you notice at a first glance.
Again,these were also made to fit my foot, but they stretch a lot,so it shouldn't be a problem. For next year, I'm going to make all my friends fill out a scrapbook/memories book thingy. What's your favorite food? Color? What are the measurements of your bust? :-)



I also got my invitation to Raverly this Friday.Whooo! I spent the whole weekend adding projects, and taking pictures of my yarn.

1 comment: