Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sock Knitters Pentathlon

A while back I joined the Sock Knitters Pentathlon. To honor the 2008. Olympics, during the course of the year, competitors in the SKP will knit 5 pairs of socks in 5 different styles.
The pattern for the first sock was revealed yesterday. It is the Jacobean sock. Magic loop, toe up. Yikes!

I've never done either of those. In fact, I don't even have 2,5 mm circular needles. I do have 2,5 mm DPNs however. So yesterday I learned how to do the Magic cast on for a toe up sock on double pointed needles. I used Knitty's tutorial. It took me 3 tries to get it right, but I finally did it.
The first row was such a pain in the ass, that I think I'll go and buy circs and learn the damn magic loop.

Behold, the beginning of a toe up sock done on 5 DPNs:


Of course, I'm way behind - somebody already finished! Two socks in a day, that must be some mad knitting skills.

3 comments:

  1. Zanimlji knit-a-long! Toliko sam se put htjela uključiti u neki - ali kao da tamo daju packe pa nikako da se prijavim!

    Samo naprijed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boja od carape je predivna. Meni se jaaakooo svidja.Carape cu ispasti super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. evo i mene ovdje po prvi put! pozdrav!

    ReplyDelete