Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sharon summer top

My first wearable. Ok, maybe not my very first, but definitely the first one I actually wear in public.
It's made from a cotton/viscose blend, the color is dirty pink and has some shine to it that makes it impossible to photograph. Or maybe it's just my crappy camera.
Pattern is Sharon by Berroco. I had to modify the stitch number to fit my gauge. This involved math, something I suck at. I'm pretty sure I messed up somewhere along the decreases for the armholes, but it looks relatively OK, so I'll survive.


The whole thing took about a week of non-stop knitting. It still needs a crochet edge along the neckline, but i don't know a thing about crochet, so I'll just skip that step :-)

The specs:
Yarn: Dada Nova, 60% cotton, 40% viscose
Needles: 3 mm





I wore it the other day, and it's really comfortable. For some reason, the spring here looks more like summer. It's really hot. Really. I got sunburned walking around wearing the Sharon without any sunblock. How smart am I? ;-)

1 comment: