Thursday, June 14, 2007

Russian join

I finally ripped the back of my ill fated Sharon. There were 2 skeins of cotton in that thing, which produced a nice curly mass of yarn all over my floor. Ripping it without tangling went relatively OK. I washed it all and hung to dry, which took about three days.

I spent almost 4 hours today winding it on a paper towel roll. I was almost done when the tangle happened. And then it multiplied. Oh, the tangles! The tangles almost ate me alive. Almost. But I did learn a new trick, one which will definitely come in handy in the future. Russian join. I don't know who came up with it or if they were Russian, but kudos to you. It joins two strands together perfectly. Thanks to this wonderful join, I don't think I'll ever have to weave in cotton again. Hallelujah! For weaving in cotton always comes out crappy for me, you can always see it on the right side of the project. But thing are looking up now! Thank you, Russian Join!

I also went out today and bought more yarn. Cotton. Again. Well, actually, a cotton nylon blend. It was expensive, so I only bought 3. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but at least it matches my bed cover.


Post a Comment