Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sheldon


So Sheldon is completed. This was a fun knit, except for the i-cord border and picking up stitches. That was a pain in the ass. I can't seem to pick up anything using my needles. I had to switch to a crochet hook, and then back to the needles for every single stitch. His head parted a little in, guess I need to pull the yarn tighter when I'm decreasing. Other than that, I'm happy with the way he turned out. Plus I learned how to carry yarn up the sides. New skill, always a bonus.
Here are some more pics, just because I want to show him off ;-)



So that makes one part of the gift for my friend done. According to my entire family, giving someone a knitted turtle for their 24th birthday is lame. I guess I need to craft another something, to go with Sheldon. If only I knew what.

0 comments:

Post a Comment