I honestly have no idea what color my cardigan is. If you look at it in direct light, it's purple. Other times it looks maroon. Whatever, I'm just glad it's finished and that it's wearable.
The whole time I was knitting it, the weather has been horrible. Cold and rainy. Of course, now that it's done, the temperature has gone up and it's sunny and way too warm for my worsted weight creation. Figures.
The cardigan was knitted as a top down raglan. I didn't use a pattern, I sort of improvised, especially around the waist decreases. But I find that it's extremely hard to mess up a top down anything. The collar could have been a little higher, but I guess I'll survive with the way it is. The collar, cuffs and all the borders are done in twisted k1p1 rib. I picked up stitches for the button band. And there the problems began. I frogged the damn band two times on each side, trying to figure out just how many stitches I need to pick up. I still have no idea. So the side with the buttons has more stitches than the one with the holes. I'm so not fixing it again. It's not like anyone will notice, none of my friends knit. But next time I'm going to knit the sucker separately and sew it on.
Anyhow, here is the short version:
Pattern: Your basic top down raglan cardi
Yarn: Adamo & Eva (Ispe), 60% merino, 20% acryl
Needles: 6 mm
Time it took: 10 days
Some weird pose action shots: