Friday, November 23, 2007

Expanding my crafty horizons

It seems that lately I'm more into paper than yarn. I was looking for ideas for some cute and easy gifts for my friends for Christmas, in case I decide against knitting scarves and hats, and whatnot.
Enter bookmaking.
It's not as hard as I thought it would be. To make this book I used regular printer paper, some flower stationary I had around, and coptic stitch to sew it all together. I sewed it with embroidery thread, and my stitching needs some work, but overall it's not all that bad. The dimensions of the book/journal/notebook, whatever you'd like to call it are 11 x 15 cm (4,4 x 6 inches).
My little book opens. And closes.


This whole bookmaking business is so addictive that I made two more. These are 8 x 11 cm (3,2 x 6 inches). Small little notebooks that fit in your hand.


And a pretty shot of the spines:


I also covered a matchbox with the same stationary paper. It's one of those boxes for the long matches. I have no idea what to keep in it. Sewing kit, maybe?

3 comments:

  1. These are SO cute! Thanks for the inspiration! :-) Hali

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great. How did you make the front and back covers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @glitterfairy25 : I just glued decorative paper on some cardboard (cereal boxes in this case)and punched holes in them for the stitching.

    ReplyDelete