Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Thermal is finished! Finally!

After exactly 30 days of knitting, I finished my Thermal. It wasn't a difficult pattern, but because I used a different yarn than the one in the pattern, it involved a lot of math and me worrying over the way it's going to look once it's blocked.
I did have issues with a couple of things though.

The sleeves. All the sweaters I made so far (lol, actually the only sweater I made so far, Thermal is my second long sleeved s.) were top down raglan - no sewing in sleeves. I'm pretty sure I messed up somewhere while knitting the sleeve cap, it ended up a little too big. And the sewing is pretty crappy and makes the sleeves sit funny on my shoulders. This is after I tried to fix it, by ripping and re-sewing about three times. No more.
The placket definitely needs another button, because it parts too much at the top. The button holes are too close to the edge and far too stretchy. I blame the pattern for this one.
This sweater grew after blocking, so it's not a perfect fit, but still not too bad. The sleeves, however, stretched a bit too much, they practically reach to my finger tips.

Action shots to demonstrate the placket issues, the right shoulder problem and the too long sleeves.

Still, I'm pretty satisfied with the final result.

Pattern: Thermal from Knitty
Yarn: Franca, 100% wool, 8 balls
Needles: 3 mm circs and DPN
Time it took: CO October 4, 2007 - BO November 4, 2007.

1 comment: