Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The simplest bag

Simple white canvas bag. Decorated to make it pretty, but it's still simple. Inspiration for this hit me after listening a report on the radio about how they're banning plastic bags in Paris. And how soon it might spread to other countries. I thought I should be prepared :)
So, like I said, white cotton fabric, some colorful fabric scraps cut in circles and glued on (and then sewed around with zig zag stitch) and hand embroidered stems. My first embroidery. It's fun. And makes me want to buy an embroidery hoop for future projects. But I think I'll save my money for yarn.
The bag was made to be a shopping bag, but one experimental trip to the store proved that it can barely fit a loaf of bread and a cornflake box. Note to self: shopping bags need to have a wide bottom.

2 comments:

  1. Torba je predivna. I to bas zbog jednostavnost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torba je predivna. I to bas zbog jednostavnost.

    ReplyDelete