Friday, February 1, 2008

Yellow ugliness

So I finished the yellow ugliness that is my modified Antropologie inspired capelet.
I totally lacked motivation and enthusiasm while knitting this. And I think it knew,
and thus turned out so crappy. The only reason I finished it is because I didn't want this yarn in my stash. And I still have a skein and 2/3 left.
It's done on 6 mm needles, and I think I used 5 and 1/3 skeins of yarn.

The picture doesn't show it, but these are the reasons why I don't like it:

  • uneven stockinette
  • ladders on the sleeves (I seem to have developed DPN issues
  • ugly, scratchy, coarse yarn
I also finished Nataša's drop stitch scarf, added some notebooks I made, packaged it nicely with a bow and presto! - present.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that this is ugly.Maybe the color is a little too much yellow for me, but the pattern looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuj, kardigan je odličan, boja jos bolja - nema razloga biti razocaran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm looking at this cardigan and I suddenly realize- i've got one "Ugg" myself, haven't seen it lately :)))) I'll have to find it and frog it- I could use that yarn. But, sometimes- no matter what you do, the yarn just isn't on your side.

    ReplyDelete