Thursday, April 23, 2009

Elephant and crayons

So September has a free pattern of this adorably cute elephant toy. The minute I saw it, I knew I had to embroider it.

Laser print out, couple of thread colors and a few hours later I had this. Sorry about the not so sharp picture, I took it at night, and we've already established that my camera is crap.
It looks cute, right?


Of course,the devil wouldn't let me be, so I RUINED IT with crayons. Just look at the wheels! And the gray color just makes it look dirty. What was I thinking?!


There is a reason they tell you to color your embroidery BEFORE you embroider - my thread on this one is full of crayon gunk. It seems I don't know how to color inside the lines. But it's hard to be precise with crayons.

I think I'll try this one again, without the color. Elegance of blank space and all that.

4 comments:

  1. You're being too harsh on yourself! I actually like the crayoned one better and I can't see the gunk. I'd try with crayoning the elephant and leaving the cart and the wheels uncrayoned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second thoughts, I'd crayon the cart and the wheels too, didn't realize the spikes were actually drawn and not embroidered. It would look a bit empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the crayoned one is great as well and that you did a wonderful coloring job. I have never managed to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't stitched this pattern yet but I was planning on coloring it. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete