Saturday, April 18, 2009

Grandmother's favorite

While I wait for new yarn for my cardigan, I'm killing time with quick projects. Dishcloths are perfect for this - they use little yarn and knit up quickly. Or super quickly in this case. The pattern is Grandmother's Favorite, the yarn is Record 210 by Schoeller+Stahl, very colorful and soft cotton.

I used 4 mm needles and was done in about three hours. Instant gratification, yay!
Of course, now that I made it, that's it. I just sort of stare at the bright colors and don't really think about using it on dishes. It'll get ruined!
Perhaps I should dare and just go for it. When it gets stretched beyond belief, and turns pale and smelly, I'll just knit another one.

2 comments:

  1. haha, yes, instant grtification all right,.
    Now that I look at it, I realise that, when trying to put a concept together, I usually make at least a dozen of such square just testing out the patterns- too bad I never add a nice edging that would turn them into a dishcloth or a "brick" for a blanket one day. :))

    Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete