A colleague from work asked me to make her a bag. She picked the fabric, and asked for a round bottom. She left the rest to me.
This is what I came up with. The entire bag, including the lining is made from the same material. Some sort of cotton mix, that is impossible to iron. As you can see. When I was done with the body of the bag, I thought it looked too plain, so I added a fabric yo-yo flower. To accessorize an accessory ;)
Honestly, this little yo-yo is the best thing about this bag.
And like all projects of mine, this one also has a mistake. Proof of my stupidity. I'm not talking about uneven stitches, or the fact that the bag could be a little wider.
No, on this one I used my new tailor's chalk. Pink tailor's chalk. I marked the right side with really big X's. That's right, the RIGHT side. And then I ironed all the pieces about a zillion times during sewing, completely forgetting about the damn chalk.
It's now set in the fabric. Pale pink X's that are not visible from afar, but are sure damn visible if you look closely. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I tried brushing the fabric, tried plain water, and now I'm about to try washing it with fabric soap and stain remover. Hope to God that removes the marks.
I think it's safe to say I learned my lesson. Never again will I mark anything on the right side of the fabric.