First off, finished the Fetching. This was a stash-busting, birthday knitting project. But I still have one skein of the yarn left in my stash, and I still haven't seen the recipient, so that I can give them to her. The longer they stay with me, the more tempted I am to keep them ;)
I made them longer than the original pattern requests, added a different thumb shaping and did a crochet border instead of the picot bind off.
The yarn is Oscar by Deltex, pretty soft and has a nice color. The whole time I was knitting this, I kept saying to myself - This is a nice yarn, maybe you should go buy some more. In different colors. Lots of different colors.
Argh! Temptation be gone!
Next up, a Sea Urchin hat. Great pattern, the finished thing actually looks like a sea urchin. Without the spikes, that is.
The yarn is Tempest by Rosetti. It knits up kind of weird, I mostly bought it cause I liked the blue in it. It was meant to be a scarf, but it looked awful in stockinette stitch.
So I turned it into a slouchy hat. Not too sure this is my style, the jury is still out on that one. But the pattern was great, it knit up fast, and any mistakes were my fault alone.
I doubled the yarn and used 7 mm needles for the body of the hat, 6 mm for the brim. The brim is a little loose, so I'm afraid I can't wear this in strong wind, or it will fly away.
Still, not too bad for a quick project. I think I might try this pattern again. In solid color, so that the pattern shows.