Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Look Ma! Raglan!

I bought some yarn this past weekend. The orange is mercerized cotton, and I bought it with every intention of making the Razor Cami, but then decided not to risk all that knitting and end up with something that doesn't stretch because of the yarn its made of. I'm looking forward to the day when I go into my LYS and actually find the specific yarn I'm looking for. Oh, well, I guess the fact that they don't carry the yarns I want, makes it easier on my wallet.
Moving on. The green colorful stuff is an acrylic/wool blend and I bought it because it was green. And colorful. I have no idea what to make out of it, socks maybe?


I spent half the weekend looking for a pattern for the orange stuff and I stumbled upon this. A T-shirt with a lace panel and raglan increases, done in the round. I never did raglan increases before, or knitted a T-shirt in the round, but I was up for the challenge. I casted on this Sunday, and after some manic knitting here is the progress.

It's going well so far. I didn't skip a YO yet, or messed up the lace. The pattern is great, clear and easy. Plus I conquered my fear of raglan increases. I just hope it will be done before summer is over

0 comments:

Post a Comment