Sunday, May 20, 2007

YO, I hate you.

I'm still knitting the Leaf T-shirt. Mistakes made so far:
  1. Uneven stockinette. Which is amazing, seeing how I'm knitting in the round. Here's to hoping washing will take care of that.
  2. A YO where there shouldn't be one. I accidentally added a yarn over next to another yo at the sleeve. And when did I notice this humongous mistake? 7, yup, seven rows after. Gah! I just left it there. I hate frogging even more than yarn overs.
  3. Bound off the sleeves a little too tight. Even though I used larger needles.
  4. Dropped a stitch. Then went to fix it with a crochet hook. Let's pretend it looks OK.
So what have I learned from all of this? Not to knit while watching TV.
If I ignore all the glitches, the t-shit is coming along relatively OK. I'm almost done with the second ball of cotton, and you could say I'm making progress. Slowly. I don't have all that much time for knitting, I'm supposed to be studying for my June exams, writing papers, reading stuff that are not knitting patterns... Oh, the month of June, I hate you as much as I do frogging. If not more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment